Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Dreamed I Saw Toby Keith

By David Neal (c) 2008
(This is a song that came to me while I was thinking about the way we have become so divided since 9/11. Toby Keith's and Natalie Maines' public dispute about our policy in Iraq seems to be representative of the country in general.)

This is me singing the song- (Yes, I am keeping my day job!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLYKylOtLkU

I dreamed I saw Toby Keith
Singing with the Dixie Chicks
They harmonized so beautifully,
it made me feel good for a change.
And the crowd was up on its feet
as the music rose to the roof
And I saw the smile on my brother's face
And it made me feel good for a change
And Tobe he looked down at the girls,
He said,"Hey you all sound pretty good."
And they looked back at him with those big ole grins
And said,"Hey you're not so bad yourself.
But there was a guy in the back of the hall
Trying his best to start a fight,
When another guy came up in a cowboy hat,
And put his hand on his arm-
He said, "Hey what's goin on here?
Where's your love for Tobe and the girls?
Don't you know that after all this time,
We're all in this together?"
So bring on your Red White and Blue-
Bring on the truth that sets you free,
And bring on the hope of all the world,
And make me feel good for a change.
Yes I dreamed I saw Toby Keith,
Singing with the Dixie Chicks
And they harmonized so beautifully,
That it made me feel good for a change.

No comments: